Okay, so today was round 2 of screen printing. I finally got my screen to burn and wash out properly. I just finished doing the test print and it looks good except there are a few pinholes that are still filled where the emulsion was suppose to wash out. Any ideas on how to get rid of that? I'll have to google it later. I need to work on my "off contact" and maybe linen wasn't the best choice for a sample print but it still looks pretty good.
My incredibly ghetto exposure lamp set up LOL yeah it's my broom stick propped up on 2 chairs and tissue boxes in my VERY small washroom. I plan to build a stand soon.
Shot right after I finished exposing my screen
This is what it looked like after I peeled the transparency away. Ignore the line going across it's an ink stain from a previous print session.
Drying after washing out the emulsion.
Close up after washing!
All dry and ready to print! I took the tape off after I washed it because well, I used painters tape and it was holding water in between the tape and wouldn't dry.
The first print! I should have used retarder base on the ink it was kind of thick and hard to work with. In case you haven't figured it out yet this is a coaster design.
Close up shot. I was worried the letters wouldn't come out nicely but they did!
And if you're wondering why I said that linen probably wasn't the best choice for a test print is because this is what it looks like when you hold it up to the light lol. Kinda hard to see where the pinholes are in your screen.