Friday, August 29, 2008

Exhausted..


Why didn't anyone warn me that making gocco prints was soooooo exhausting? I didn't have very good luck printing.. I don't know why but the solid colors in the green didn't exactly come out solid. There are parts of it missing :( and I screwed up the registration on a lot of them.. I could not figure out why.. it was like there were bubbles in my ink but it came straight out of the tube so I don't know.. :( I am so tired I don't think I will be making any new prints for a while and it looks like I now have A LOT of thank you cards for my customers.

7 comments:

missknits said...

from what i can see these turned out super cute! i have no clue about gocco printing though! sounds like a lot of work.

KieutiePie said...

Awww i'm sorry it's not working out right. I don't have a gocco so I can't even give any tips. I can though, tell you that I love you!

Anonymous said...

I figure the trouble could be one of two things:

1) Not enough paint
2) The carbon in the original print was a bit blotchy so it left blank spots.

If it's 1) You can always lift the plastic layer and add more paint.
If it's 2) You could use your carbon pen to paint in the blank spots before you burn the image into the screen.

Honestly though, I think they look super cute and perfection isn't really a huge thing! Your clients will love to get a thankyou note made by you, no matter if it has little blotches. Really honestly truly! Don't give up because of this, you'll get better the more you try.

kim* said...

i think that is the beauty of it... it doesn't turn out perfect. :)

Stela said...

They look great!! You should keep it up

T.Allen said...

I agree with those that said they came out great! I think the mottling of the ink gives it character, something I certainly always look for when buying handmade.

Mary said...

The beauty of Gocco is that it isn't perfectly smooth and even! I like the look of these! I like a little bit of off-kilter registration as well! :-)