Thursday, May 8, 2008
YEAH BABY! 300 ITEMS SOLD! Well, 301 but I finally hit 300! Seems like just the other day I hit 200. The pace has definately picked up!
5 TIPS TO HELP YOU REACH YOUR GOAL!
1. Tags are so important! 90% of my buyers find me by using the search tool. So, make use as many as you can within reason and make sure that they are tagged correctly since Etsy has put in a new system.
2. Crop your photos square and as close to the item as you can so that it shows the most detail in thumbnail mode. If your photos look awesome in thumbnail mode then just imagine how great they will look in gallery mode!
3. Have a good selection of items in your shop. Ever since my shop grew to 3+ pages of items I've noticed that my sales have really taken off. People who come to your shop like to browse. I know this because even though the view counters got reset a while ago I still have items on my last page that have over 100 views. Actually, one of my most viewed items is on the last page! So if you've only got 15 items or so there really isn't much for the buyer to choose from and they might go seeking out other shops to see what else is available.
4. Make friends. Make LOTS of friends. Why? Because people who know about you will talk about you. The best way to market is buzz marketing a.k.a word of mouth.
5. Provide excellent customer service. Convo your buyers after they purchase so they know that you have acknowledged their order, tell them when it will be shipped or if you have already shipped and provide any other details if necessary. This would also be a good time to leave feedback for them.
Happy selling everyone! :D