Sunday, November 15, 2009

What to do with these?

I'm a little bit obsessed with alphabets lately.. I made these for fun and because I wanted to try out the ice resin I bought a few weeks ago and now I'm not really sure what to do with them. They are one of the few things I've made during "project clear out". They are paper decoupaged onto a polymer clay tile and sealed with a coat of resin. The original plan was to make them into small pendants for the shop but when I was baking them they paper turned yellow around the edges of the letter and so I peeled all the letters off and re-did them. Good news is I didn't have to throw them all out and I do like this new resin a lot despite the horrible smell. Bad news is that a few of them don't fit the tiles perfectly. Plus, it's kind of hard to sell an entire alphabet in the shop when these are not exactly "made to order" friendly.  So, what to do?


4 comments:

nvdb027 said...

would you be able to make earrings out of them? then you could sell sets of, for example "e" earrings, and then if they're sold out in the shop, they're sold out, until you make the next batch. you could do the same for necklace pendants =) you could still put them in the shop even if they're not made to order - very cute btw! <3

Tizzalicious said...

Initial rings maybe? They are really cute!

Connie said...

luna, Hmm... I guess I could make them into earrings. I will have to sort through them and see if I have sets. Thanks for the idea :)

Tizz, I wanted to make them into rings but they are a bit too wide to fit in the box and Canada Post sucks at shipping wide things. If it fits it costs $1.18 to ship if it doesn't fit it costs $4+. Lame eh?

Abby Erickson said...

You could make an alphabet magnet set out of them :)