In the beginning of February Kieutiepie and I had huge sales in our shops. I believe both of us were pretty successful too! Anyways, I know that kieutiepie had compiled a list of how to have a sale and I want to share with you her tips along with mine.
1. Change your avatar so that it has the word "sale" in it. Then post in the forums A LOT in different sections so everyone can see your avatar!
2. Change your prices! Kieutiepie added in the description the original price of the item and I didn't. I don't think it makes a big difference but up to you. I think it's also a good idea to write "sale" in the item's title if not all your items are on sale.
3. Create a banner for your shop advertising your sale and post it on your blog, indiepublic, facebook, we love etsy and wherever else that allows!
4. Don't forget to write about the details of your sale in your shop announcements!
5. There's also a tagline under your banner that you can change and it will change the title of your browser's status bar. I changed mine to "huge sale!" I think sometime's it's a bit more eye catching than the shop announcements.
OH ONE MORE!
6. Help each other cross-promote on your blogs! Kieutiepie made me and her these little .gif advertisements to post in our shop that link back to our shops.
Kieutie Pie's Sale:
Anyways, those are some basic tips for having a sale. I've got a post v-day sale going on right now so I hope you check it out!